Wednesday, October 1, 2014

#Whole30 Challenge

For the month of October, I'm going to attempt to complete the Whole30 challenge. I've heard a lot about Whole30  in the last few months so I decided to jump on the bandwagon.  To tell you the truth, I'm actually really excited about the challenge.  Lee and I eat pretty clean but I'm hoping I can kick the Coke Zero habit and control my sugar intake.  Funny thing, Lee will actually fuss about how much sugar is in food so this is the perfect challenge for him. 

After reading Jennifer's post about her success with the challenge, I was really excited and knew I could do it.  If you have been reading my blog for a while, you know I have struggled to loose weight since I had Parker......4 years ago.  I'm a runner but that doesn't mean I'm going to be skinny.  I honestly believe that your diet has more of an impact on your weight loss than exercising.  As of this morning, I weigh 174.  My goal is to get back to 140-145 but I will be very happy to weigh 155 which is what I weighed at my first appointment after finding out I was pregnant.  I carry most of my weight in my stomach so I pray that not having sugar will help. 

Okay, have you ever made your own mayo?  I knew I wanted to have chicken salad for lunch so I found a Whole30 approved mayo recipe.  After reading all the comments, I was scared to death.  Most people have multiple failed attempts before they get it right.  GUESS WHAT!  This girl got it right on the first try.  I was so excited.  The key is patience.  You have to drizzle 1 cup of oil, which took me 8 minutes. 


So this was my lunch today.  I had yummy chicken salad with grapes and a side of pineapple. 
 
 
Well, we shall see how this goes.  I will post at the end of each week to let you know how I did and how I felt. 


2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to follow along and see how everything goes! Blogging about it was really helpful for me, it kept me so much more accountable knowing that I would have to recap my diet each week on the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know. I really feel accountable with blog land.

    ReplyDelete