Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Whole30 Week 1

Oh my goodness, I made it the first full week.  I'm not going to sit here and say it was easy, because it wasn't.  The food you eat is the easy part, it's those darn sugar cravings that will get you.  We ate healthy prior to Whole30 but I also had Coke Zero and other sugary snacks.  My office had Krispy Kreme donuts and Panera Bread bagels this week and I wasn't tempted at all.  One of the ladies I work with bought me a bowl of fruit to have since she knew I wouldn't eat the bad stuff.  It's gotten easier but I still find myself wanting to eat all the bad Halloween treats that I see in the store or on Pintrest.  Okay, here is a breakdown of how I felt each day:

Day 1- Everything was fine until around 2:30.  My head started hurting really bad.  I think it was a combination of sinus stuff and no caffeine. 

Day 2- Woke up with a splitting headache.  Still, I think it is a combination of sinus and no caffeine.  Hopefully it will end soon.

Day 3-  I felt really good through out the day. 

Day 4-  I did really well but I had a wedding that night.  I knew going into this challenge, I would cheat for dinner.  The food was pretty healthy and I had a small piece of grooms cake.  I felt sick to my stomach on the drive home.  I'm sure it was the sugar.

Day 5-  This was the worst day.  I wanted to cheat and eat everything in sight.......but I didn't.  Oh, I was really moody.  Just ask my hubby.

Day 6-  All I wanted to do was go home and go to bed.  I felt really tired.  I'm not eating enough I guess because I was hungry all day long.

Day 7- Felt really good and my stomach seems less bloated.  Less bloat makes me really happy! 

I think I will have success with the challenge.  I put on a skirt that use to be a little snug and today it's really loose.  Well, today starts week two so I will update you next week.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you're doing so great!! I am tempted (slightly) to try this myself, but need to read a lot more about it! I do not eat the healthiest....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep telling myself that I can eat what I want at Thanksgiving and not feel guilty if I stick to the challenge this month. You can do it!!!

      Delete