Friday, July 5, 2013

Family Fun Day

I was on vacation all week but Lee was able to have a 4 day weekend.  Parker has never been to a movie at a theater so we decided to take him today and just make the day all about him.  We started off with lunch at Stix with Hibachi.  Parker has been there once before but he wasn't even one yet. 



The flames scared him a little!



Next was the movie.  It's been raining all day here in Baldwin County so the theater was PACKED!  Kids were running everywhere.  We decided to watch Despicable Me 2 and it was a great choice.  All three of us loved it.  Parker did so great and I was proud of him.  He really enjoyed all the popcorn. 



I couldn't resist a Monsters University picture.  We will definitely be going back to watch it soon. 

After the movie we decided to make a trip to Bass Pro Shop.  Okay, I'm not going to lie, I can't stand that place.  My boys love it so Mommy had to sacrifice.  Funny story....I have been traveling a lot on the weekends back home for weddings, wedding showers and baby showers.  Lee keeps Parker a lot because that long drive is not fun with an almost three year old.  Lee is a big fisher so naturally our child would have an interest.  For fun, they go to Bass Pro Shop and look at the fishing lures.  Lee said Parker will look at all of them and they typically spend 45 minutes just so he can look at them all.  Parker pays attention to detail because on our way to daycare every morning, he tells me when we get to the exit for Bass Pro that it's where daddy takes him to look at the fishing lures.  It's soooo cute.  In my child's room, you will find nothing but monster trucks and fishing lures.  Of course, there are no hooks just in case you were wondering.  Parker needed a new fishing rod to practice with so we found a cute one that he loved! 

Look at that silly face!

After that we headed home.  The rain had stopped and it felt so good outside so we decided to go to the part before we called it a day.  Lee and I both had such a wonderful day.  We really need to slow down in life and enjoy the days like today.  Spending time as a family is very important and we often opt out of friend get together just so that the three of us can go do something together.  God has blessed me and for that I am so grateful!  Have a wonderful weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment