Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Vonnie Nadine Godbold

Vonnie Nadine Godbold, age 77, born in Frisco City, AL and a resident of Bay Minette, AL died Tuesday, October 22, 2013 at North Baldwin Infirmary. She was a retired grocery store owner.
She is survived by one daughter, Linda Rollin of Rowlett, TX; one sister, Sybile DeLoach of Bay Minette, AL; four grandchildren and seven great grandchildren.

Graveside services and burial will be held Thursday, October 24, 2013 at 1:00 p.m. at Coy Cemetery in Coy, Alabama with Reverend Tommy Primm officiating.
 
The family will receive friends Wednesday, October 23, 2013 from 6:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. at Norris Funeral Home.

 
I have been meaning to post that Lee's grandmother lost her battle with cancer on October 22, but I'm just now getting around to it.  It's hard to believe it has been a month since she went to her eternal home.  I'm sure it was a wonderful homecoming when she joined her husband, Paw Paw Roy.  He passed away of cancer 3 years prior to Lee and I dating.  Everyone said that he would have loved me, and I'm sure he would have.  Parker knows that she is "up in the moon" with all of his Paw Paw's.  He tells me that she is sleeping and that she looked so pretty.  Oh, I'm fighting back tears as I type.  I miss her so much.  She was my buddy and we both shared a love for cooking.  I learned a lot about her at her funeral.  She was such a Godly woman, loved kids and doing for others.  When Lee was growing up, every Sunday she would have all of the youth over at her house for softball and other sports.  She loved Gospel music and would often load the youth up and head to Tuscaloosa for a gospel singing.  For some reason, this was never mentioned to me.  The first week was hard, the 2 week mark was my hardest day but now things are getting better.  I know she is in a better place.  We love you Maw Maw! 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment