Sunday, November 17, 2013

Scott Ward Memorial Fit for Duty 5k

I ran the Scott Ward Memorial Fit for Duty 5k this morning.  Scott was killed in the line of duty on Black Friday last year when he responded to a domestic disturbance call.  Scott believed in fitness and healthy nutrition.  He was a great supporter for the Baldwin County Sheriff's Office Explorer Program and the Shining Star Camp.  It was an honor to run with some of the men and women who put their life on the line for our protection every day. 

It was really muggy this morning but I was able to PR.  My pace was around 11.33 and I finished in 34.36.  I was very proud.  I ran 5 miles on Friday morning for a total of 8 miles for the week. 

My half marathon is in 2 weeks.  I'm excited and nervous but ready to ROCK IT!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment