Monday, February 2, 2015

He's Still with Me

Have you lost a loved one?  Do you long for them to be near you?
 
A little back story.  My dad passed away on March 13, 1986 when I was just 5 years old.  It's hard to believe that next month will be 29 years since my dad went to be with the Lord.  I will sit here and tell you that the pain NEVER goes away, no matter how old you were.  My dads name was Donald but every one called him "Dew Drop."  It was a nickname given to him in his high school football days. 
 
On Friday, I was on my way to meet Lee and drive down to the beach so that I could meet a client to sign some loan documents and look what I got behind.  It was a motorcycle pulling this dog house type of structure.  It made me smile and cry.  I've needed this.  I needed to know that Daddy was still with me.  I long for the day that we will meet again but until then, keep showing me you are here, daddy.


No comments:

Post a Comment