Thursday, July 10, 2014

Thoughts for Thursday-My Diet

Today, I linking up with Annie and Natalie for their Thoughts for Thursday and it's all about my diet.  So here we go!



I've always struggled with my weight since I was a teenager.  The summer after I graduated High School, I lost 30 pounds and was able to pretty much keep it off.  I would gain 5-10 pounds here and there but I was always able to change my diet and loose it.  Fast forward to September 2010 when I had Parker.  I gained 32 pounds with Parker and lost 20 after having him.  The problem is after I lost the weight, I ended up gaining some back.  I love food!  Don't we all!  I went on Weight Watcher's in 2011 and lost 12 pounds, but ended up gaining it back.  I took a new job 1 year ago and I sit at a desk a lot.  I sat at a desk when I worked in Banking but I was constantly up and moving.  In the past year, I have gained more weight and on June 16th,   I was just 7 pounds shy of weighing what I weighed when I went into the hospital to have Parker.  Talk about a wake up call.  I'm a runner but that doesn't mean it makes me skinny.  Exercise is great but your diet is the key.  I've heard that for years but never really followed that rule.  Also, I typically only run once per week because of our schedule.  Now, sometimes I get 6-10 miles in on one run but still, I need to exercise more. 

One of the ladies I work with started Medi Weight Loss.  Her mom actually started it and she made a copy of the papers that tell you how to be successful on the program.  Instead of taking pills and spending the money on the program, I'm doing a DIY version of it.  The first week is hard because it's all about eating protein and limiting your carbs.  The second week you can add in veggies and yogurt.  As of today, I've lost 6.2 pounds.  I was hoping for 10 pounds in a month so I have 6 more days to shed 3.8 pounds.  My ultimate goal is to be at my pre-pregnancy weight by Parker's birthday which is September 3.  If not by his birthday, our 11 year anniversary on September 27.  That's only 19.4 pounds.  I really think it's an achievable goal.   I turn 34 in 2 weeks and it's been a real challenge since I turned 30 to shed the weight. 

Now, is this diet for everyone?  No, but I'm a carb lover and it's what works for me.  I'm learning to skip the bun if I eat a hamburger, substitute rice for veggies, increase my water and make smarter snack choices.  Do I cheat?  Yes, this is a lifestyle change for me so I'm about 80/20.  I'm really good during the week but I allow myself to indulge a little on the weekends.  If you are on MyFitnessPal, my user name is CNR1980.  I pretty much eat the same thing every day with the exception of dinner.

So, there you have it!  I'm hoping I can make this happen.  Have a great week. 

2 comments:

  1. Stopping by from the link up- hang in there! Diets are hard--- I know from personal experience. I go to the gym 5 days a week and train really hard but the moment I slip up on my meal plan- the scale changes. Grrr.....

    www.itsagirlgirlworld.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete