Thursday, August 1, 2013

Five for Friday




I don't know about you, but I'm sure glad it's Friday.  It has been a long week.  Parenting has been a struggle this week.  No one told me it would be easy, but battling with an almost 3 year old is HORRIBLE!!!  Parker doesn't want to listen to me and loves to back talk.  He got so upset on Wednesday morning and had a temper tantrum all because he wanted to stay home from school and play with his monster trucks.  Anyway, this should be a happy post, not a venting post, so here you go.

1-  GIRL'S WEEKEND.  I'm getting together with 5 of my closest girlfriends for a weekend at the beach.  My friend Amy and her husband own a condo in Orange Beach so we will be staying there.  I can't wait until 5:00 so I can head that way.

2-  Parker and I had a date night.  Lee fished in a tournament so I figured it would be nice to spend a little quality time with my special little boy.  We ended our date with a cupcake from Twist! 



3-  On our Mommy/Son date, my child made a HAPPY PLATE!  I was so proud of him.  Happy plates are far and few between in our household.
  

4-  I'm loving my new job.  A few reasons-I can wear jeans on Friday, we have Kentwood water which means I drink 60+ oz per day, I have to be there by 8:30.  These are a few of my favorite reasons this week!

5-  It's AUGUST!  Nothing major for the month but my baby niece starts kindergarten and my oldest niece will be a senior in high school.  Chelsea was in kindergarten when Lee and I were dating.  She was my heart from the first day I met her.  Okay, starting to tear up thinking about her growing up.

Okay ladies, have a wonderful weekend!!!




1 comment: