Friday, August 24, 2012

A little of this, a little of that

Today is the first day in a week that I have actually been able to breath out of my nose.  I have had a horrible sinus infection and it's been awful.  Parker is feeling a lot better after a round of antibiotics.  All we want is to be a normal functioning family again. 

It looks like our area may be in the direct path of tropical storm Issac.  They do expect it to be a hurricane by the time it makes land fall next week.  Part of me wishes that Issac would come this way so it will blow all of this pollen and gnats away. 

I can't believe my baby will be 2 in 10 days.  Wow, time really does fly when you're having fun.  Today is day 5 without a paci.  It has'nt been easy, but it's getting better.  He asked for it only once yesterday.  The pedi was telling me that it takes 4 days to form a habit.  Now, the big news.  On Wednesday night, we were sitting on the couch and Parker tells us he needs to go potty.  I take him and sit him down and guess what?!  HE WENT PEE PEE!  He was so proud of himself. 

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend! 

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad y'all are feeling better! That is awesome about the paci and potty! Westin never took a paci but it sounds like it would be so hard to break them from it. I wish Westin was interested in the potty! haha!

    ReplyDelete